Band Boosters Meeting Minutes
April 11, 2019
SEP Band Boosters – April 2019 Meeting Notes
Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. Location Band Room SEP High School
Attendees: Jayson Gerth, Jason Scheller, Alecia Cory, Michelle Rhine, Heather Scheller, Christine Drabek, Becky and Dave Bernholtz, Jodi and Megan Masterson, Reece’s and Burge’s.
Alecia Cory stated as of February 2019, we had a balance of $68,714.67. For reference purposes, the prior balance was $63,885.21 (January). It was estimated that in February we had revenue of $6091.07 and expenditures of $1261.61.
Meeting minutes for February 2019 are available on the Band Booster web page, www.sepband.com,. There were no questions about the prior meeting minutes.
Submitted by Jacqui Meunier and Jayson Gerth
- Adventureland Festival of Bands (4/25-4/26) – Concert Band will perform at 3:00, Symphonic Band at 3:25 and Wind Ensemble at 8:50
- Joint concert with Winterset on Tues (4/16)
- Pep Band – SEP paid for all ticket for trips to the Girls State Tournament
- Jazz Band – Jazz II and III ended their season in March with a concert and Jazz I will have their final concert May 6. They had a very successful year.
- New staff member at the Jr High to work with Tedd Heggen!!
- Summer schedule will be released early next week
- Huge thank you to the parents that have been filling a variety of roles w/in the booster/band program each year. Moving into 2019-2020 we will be looking for new parents to shadow/step into a variety of roles for next year:
- Volunteer coordinator
- Concessions help at spring events (JazzFest, Adventureland Festival of Bands)
- Stage help for concerts & band events
- Uniform Coordinator
- VP stepping into interim President role next year
- Summer booster club meeting? No formal dates set aside at this time. Is there a need/desire for a meeting? It was decided that there was no need for a summer meeting
- Becky implemented a new check-in process for uniforms last year and it ran smoothly and she would like to make it a better process. She proposed that the boosters purchase iron-on tags for all uniforms with a QR code. It will cost around $400 and we will start with Concert, Symphonic and Wind Ensemble uniforms first and hold off on Marching band until after new uniforms are purchased. There was a unanimous vote in favor of this. Becky will work out the details with the directors.
- How do we get new parents? Talk at the Jr High concert coming up (Jason Scheller) Other ideas? Need to figure out a way to bring on new parents to help with our events.
- Credit card sales using a Square account – No progress
- Fundraising – follow up on SEP Band Boosters being assigned their own EIN – No progress
Move to adjourn by Michelle Rhine, second by Christine Drabeck. Meeting was adjourned at 7:00 PM.